5 Key Wardrobe Pieces you need for a Weekend Getaway
Posted on July 15 2010
As most women know, we often carry more than we need when traveling. We like to anticipate… “what if I need this or that” is a constantly rotating sentence when packing. The key to precise and successful packing is to take items that are easy to rotate and mix with other pieces, items that you can wear more than once and most importantly, items that can easily transition from day to night.
Here are 5 key items to include in your suitcase for a weekend getaway that not only guarantee a light, easy and comfortable baggage experience but a fashionable trip as well.
1. A pair of Jeans – You can never go wrong with a pair of jeans. Skinny jeans for example can be easily dressed up or down. Rolling the jeans will also save you space in your suitcase. Most importantly, you can wear them as many times as you want… to the beach or to dinner paired with a statement necklace to spice up your look.
2. A Statement Necklace – This could be some chunky beads, edgy links or layers of chains. Dress up a casual look by adding a statement necklace. It also adds the “chic sophisticate” factor to any cocktail dress.
3. A Chic Cocktail Dress – If you’re traveling with a significant other, it’s important to stay on top of your game. If you’re not with a significant other, you definitely need to stay on top of your game. It’s hard to go wrong with “The little Black Dress.” If you want to be a little more playful, try a short and flirty summer dress with a flower or polka dot print. Pair with your statement necklace and you’re good to go.
4. A light Sweater – No matter how much we try, we can’t perfectly predict the weather so a light, soft sweater in beige/cream, light blue or pink or the classic black will always come in handy. Whether a slight chill kicks in during dinner or you’re taking a walk on the beach after dinner, you’re covered. You can also pair with a tank and your trusty pair of jeans for a casual chic look.
5. Embellished Thong Sandals – We all want to be comfortable while traveling. We also know that unless you’re Mariah Carey, it’s ridiculous to travel with 50 pairs of shoes to cover every possible outing while on vacation. Embellished Thong Sandals are comfortable enough for treading through the airport. They work well on the beach, look really cute with a pair of jeans as well as any summer dress. You’re able to stay comfortable yet sassy at the same time. They also lay perfectly flat at the bottom of your suitcase and weigh less than a pound.