Rue de Chic's Five Fall Must Haves
Posted on August 12 2010
Summer is slowly coming to an end and that means it’s time to get excited about Fall fashion. Fall is the time to showcase the most unique and elegant looks! Here’s what every fashionista must have in her wardrobe this coming fall season.
1. A Leather Piece – From leather dresses to leather pants and jackets, leather is going to be huge this fall. We already saw a strong showing of leather pieces as the past Fall/Winter season came to a close and these pieces are far from the cheesy leather ensembles of the past (circa the days of boy bands and bubble gum pop). A ton of celebrities have also caught on to this trend and are showcasing some amazing looks.
2. An LBD – This LBD refers to the Little Blue Dress. Navy Blue is the new black. It’s just as elegant, just as forgiving and just as sexy as black.
3. Over the Knee Boots – This piece is all about mixing a little edge with some sex appeal. There is a fine line however between sexy and distasteful when it comes to this style. Spice up your casual look by pairing these boots with skinny jeans and an over-sized sweater. You can also pair with a trench coat for a “Sexy Brit” look.
4. Trench Coat – This is a classic and it will never go out of style. Not only does it help you transition easily from early fall to winter, it always adds an element of sophistication to your look. It also never fails to give you an extra boost of confidence. Keep in mind that pastels are going to make a strong showing this fall so try the Trench Coat in gray instead of the classic tan or black.
5. Statement Accessories – Statement Necklaces and unique Rings are must haves for this fall. It’s all about going bold and edgy. Chunky beads and pearls will take center stage as cocktail rings play a supporting role.